Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Apple TV®, More than a Hobby

The Apple TV® has been in my house since the day it released. It’s often talked about as nothing more than a hobby. Some speak of it as little more than iTunes for your TV, but I must say the Apple TV® is so much more. 

At my house, the Apple TV® is the center of my family’s entertainment universe. Our family movie night is brought to you by Apple TV®. Every Friday night, one of my kids chooses the movie (usually a Disney or Pixar classic) and our living room transforms into a private movie theater where it doesn’t matter how loud we laugh or if we need to pause the movie to take a restroom break. And if we aren’t watching a movie then we are having a family dance party listening our favorite songs in surround sound thanks to Home Sharing.

Our Apple TV® also serves as up a way to play games together. My family has become particular fond of the Sweetland apps:
       
        SweetLand — Family Board Game - Tipitap Inc. (like CandyLand) 


Thanks to Apple TV® we put the game on the TV and use our iPhone® or iPad® as the game board. All of this is accomplished via feature called AirPlay®. We can even view the photos and videos we take on our iPhones® when we get together with family or friends.  

I have not experienced the Apple TV® as just iTunes for my TV. My family and I have experienced as a way to connect, spend quality time together, and have fun as a family. We enjoy our Apple TV® everyday and in a lot ways. Don’t you think it’s time you started enjoying your own Apple TV®?

- Alan Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment